LUSH Valley is currently seeking a part-time bookkeeper. This is a paid position working fform your home office.
Bookkeeper Job Description (5 hours week)
- The bookkeeper will work closely with the Executive Director (ED) to ensure the smooth financial operations of the organization.
- Salary negotiated based on experience
- Start date: Preferably last week of August
Qualified and interested candidates please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
- Full-cycle bookkeeping using Quickbooks – including all aspects of Accounts Payable and Receivable
- Working with and being available to the ED and the staff to answer any bookkeeping questions or issues that arise and to make sure that everything is up to date and accurately recorded in Quickbooks
- Maintaining an orderly filing system for all bookkeeping related documents
- Working with the ED to prepare the Annual Budgets and Funding Applications reports
- Collecting mail, depositing checks electronically and recording funds received in organizational funding tracker
- Preparing financial statements as required
- Transitioning organization from cash to accrual accounting
- Setting Quickbooks up to assist in Bi-annual GST filings.
- Issuing bi-weekly payroll by creating, recording and managing staff timesheets including ongoing overtime/undertime, vacation accrual, and sick leave; ensuring accuracy in all changes to weekly approved hours/rates of pay/project allocation
- Reconciling monthly payroll Source Deductions and ensuring they are paid on time
- Annual T4’s and T4 Summary (Feb)
- Annual WCB report and payment (Feb).
- Comfortable and familiar with multi-funding non-profit bookkeeping
- Ability to work independently
- Attention to detail
- Ability to support others
- Ability to prioritize responsibilities.