YOUTH TRAINING IN REGENERATIVE AGRICULTURE AND PERMACULTURE
Connect with LUSH Valley’s Urban Agriculture team to learn the practices and principles of permaculture design while engaging in conversations around the real impacts of climate change on our food system. In this program, you’ll work with volunteers to design a climate change resilient food forest through a series of weekly training and design sessions, culminating in a large planting event with the community.
Please note: This program is currently full. To join the waitlist, apply here.
2021 PROGRAM DATES
- TRAINING SESSIONS: September 17th, September 24th, October 1st, October 8th (evening)
- FOOD FOREST INSTALLATION: October 16th (10:00am – 2:00pm)
Accepted candidates will receive an honorarium up to $100, dependant on attendance.
The honorarium cannot be paid out if participants attend less than half the days.
LUSH Valley Vanier Community Educational Garden (4839 Headquarters Rd)
HOW TO APPLY
To apply for this program, click here
Questions? Our Urban Agriculture Coordinator, Bo Del Valle Garcia would be happy to hear from you at firstname.lastname@example.org
Click here to register through our online volunteer database and let us know what you may be interested in helping with. We regularly send out emails to our volunteers when new opportunities arise.
Volunteer opportunities are available in the following areas:
- Food Share: Our Hot Meal and Good Food Box Programs utilize volunteers to help as delivery drivers, chef’s assistants, call centre support and warehouse support.
- Board of Directors: If interested, please email us.
- Fruit Tree & Farm Gleaning: These two programs will become more active as the growing season progresses, with the majority of the harvesting activity typically being from mid-July through early October.
- Healthy Foods Programs: Kitchen assistant volunteer positions will be needed in the fall when Young Cooks programs resume.
- Share the Harvest Community Garden: Opportunities are available in our Seniors Gardening Group as well as our Share the Harvest Community Garden and Vanier Educational Garden.
LUSH Valley Food Action Society is an equal opportunity organization and, whether paid or volunteer positions, we believe in diversity, employment equity and social justice.