LUSH Valley Food Action Society is an equal opportunity organization and, whether paid or volunteer positions, we believe in diversity, employment equity and social justice.
Please register through our online volunteer database and let us know what you may be interested in helping with.
We regularly send out emails to our volunteers when new opportunities arise and when the harvesting season ramps up.
- Note: Our volunteer opportunities look a little different due to the requirements for physical distancing and limits to group sizes related to the COVID-19 Pandemic.
- Our Fruit Tree Harvest, Farm Gleaning and Community Garden Programs have wrapped up for the 2020 season and there are limited opportunities overall during the winter months.
- We are taking a break from in-person Healthy Foods Programs due to the rising COVID case numbers and lack of access to community kitchens so there are no opportunities in this area right now.
- If you are interested in volunteering with us in 2021, please register s a volunteer and you will be contacted via email in the spring. Thank you for your understanding.
When programming commences in 2021, we utilize volunteers in the following areas:
- Food Share: Our Hot Meal and Good Food Box Programs utilize volunteers to help as delivery drivers, chef’s assistants, call centre support and hamper-making in our warehouse. (This program may be wrapping up in mid-December.)
- Board of Directors: We are currently recruiting for our Board. If interested, please email us.
- Fruit Tree & Farm Gleaning: These two programs will become more active as the growing season progresses, with the majority of the harvesting activity typically being from mid-July through early October.
- Healthy Foods Programs: Kitchen assistant volunteer positions are currently on hold as programs are currently ‘online’, not in any of the community kitchens where we normally run our programs.
- Share the Harvest Community Garden: Opportunities are limited right now, however, there may be opportunities to volunteer at various school gardens, as well as our Share the Harvest and Vanier garden in spring/summer 2021.