LUSH Valley Food Action Society is an equal opportunity organization and, whether paid or volunteer positions, we believe in diversity, employment equity and social justice.
Please register through our online volunteer database and let us know what you may be interested in helping with.
We regularly send out emails to our volunteers when new opportunities arise and when the harvesting season ramps up.
Note: Our volunteer opportunities look a little different this year, due to the requirements for physical distancing and limits to group sizes related to the COVID-19 Pandemic. Please be patient as we work through the process of re-evaluating our volunteer programs.
- Food Share: Our Hot Meal and Good Food Box Programs are currently recruiting a small number of volunteers to help as delivery drivers, chef’s assistants, call centre support and hamper-making in our warehouse. (Click here for more details.)
- Board of Directors: We are currently recruiting for our Board. Our Annual General Meeting is July Tuesday, July 7. If interested, please email us.
- Fruit Tree & Farm Gleaning: These two programs will become more active as the growing season progresses, with the majority of the harvesting activity typically being from mid-July through early October.
- Healthy Foods Programs: Kitchen assistant volunteer positions are currently on hold as programs are currently ‘online’, not in any of the community kitchens where we normally run our programs.
- Share the Harvest Community Garden: Opportunities are limited right now, due to the need for social distancing, however, there may be opportunities to volunteer at various school gardens, as well as our Share the Harvest and Vanier garden.