WORKSHOPS & SPECIAL EVENTS
LUSH Valley hosts many healthy foods and gardening programs, workshops, classes, potlucks and events throughout the year. Pre-registration is required for all of our workshops and classes.
Upcoming events and workshops are listed below.
Please click on the event name to be linked to more information, times, location, etc.
- If the class you want to attend is full, please send an email to admin@LUSHValley.org and you will be added to a waiting list. Thank you.
- Tues., Sept. 10 – Canning for Community CLASS FULL
- Thurs., Sept. 12 – Wildcrafting in the Garden
- Mon., Sept. 16 – Can I Ferment This? Sauerkraut & Veggies
- 6 Thursdays, Sept. 19 – Oct. 23 – Young Cooks After School at Lake Trail School
- 6 Tuesdays, Sept. 24 – Oct. 29 – Young Cooks After School at Cumberland Recreation
- Mon., Sept. 23 – Canning for Community #2 – back by popular demand!
- Wed., Sept. 25 – Mason Bee Maintenance
- Sat., Sept. 28 – Get FoodSafe Certified
- Wed., Sept. 25 – Gifts from the Land Series #1: Traditional Indigenous Jams & Bannock
- Mon., Sept. 30 – Can I Ferment this? Kombucha, Ginger Beer & Vinegars CLASS FULL
- Tues., Oct. 1 – Bready of Not, Here I Crumb! Intro to Bread-making CLASS IS FULL
- Wed., Oct. 2 – Dad’s Night Out – Little Chefs
- Sun., Oct. 6 – Farm Fresh Soup Fest Fundraiser Online tickets are sold out.
- Tues., Oct. 8 – Topic coming soon
- Thurs., Oct. 10 – Eat Think Vote – All Candidates’ Forum
- Thurs., Oct. 10 – More than a Red Door – Feng Shui for Outdoor Spaces
- Tues., Oct. 22 – Topic coming soon
- Mon., Oct. 28 – Can I Ferment This? Kombucha, Ginger Beer & Vinegars Registration opening soon
- Wed., OCt. 28 – Gifts from the Land Series #2 – info coming soon
- Tues., Nov. 5 – Bready of Not, Here I Crumb – Sourdough Breads CLASS IS FULL
- Wed., Nov. 6 – Dad’s Night Out – Little Chefs
- More to come!
- Tues., Dec. 3 – Explore the ‘Pastabilities’ – registration not yet available.
- Wed., Dec.4 – Dad’s Night Out – Little Chefs
- More to come in January 2020!
FRESH NEWS BLOG
Eat Think Vote! The Comox Valley Community Health Network, in partnership with LUSH Valley Food Action Society, The Comox Valley Social Planning Society and the United Way Central and Northern Vancouver Island are organizing an all-candidates meeting on Food Security....
LUSH Valley extends heartfelt thanks and farewell to our Community Garden Coordinator, Emma Hutchinson, for her dedication to our Share the Harvest Community Garden over the past two growing seasons. Emma has been an amazing member of our team and inspired our...
Bringing delicious soup & good times to you! Sunday, October 6, 4:00 to 6:30 p.m. After a SOUP-er successful event in 2018, we’re bringing back Farm Fresh Soup Fest for the second year. We invite you to the heart of the Comox Valley’s agricultural region for a...