WORKSHOPS & SPECIAL EVENTS
LUSH Valley hosts many healthy foods and gardening programs, workshops, classes, potlucks and events throughout the year. Pre-registration is required for all of our workshops and classes.
With the COVID-19 Pandemic, we are taking our workshops online.
Follow us on social media for updates.
To register, click on the event name (below) for more information, times, etc.
All programs are ‘pay what you can, if you are able’.
Follow us on Facebook for updates and to view all of our events.
- Aug. 6 – Seed Saving 101 with Good Earth Farms
- August 8 – Part I of a 3-part IN-PERSON Intro to Permaculture Series
- Week of August 10 to 14 – Food, Farm & Forage – Kids’ Summer Camps. 2 Sessions! For ages 5 to 12. Morning & afternoon 1/2 day sessions
- August 24 – You Can’t Beet This! A hands-on canning workshop with Chef Jill Lamberts (in person at Raven’s Moon cidery)
- August 25 – Yes, You Can! Canning basics for beginners with Karen Dar Woon (online)
- August 28 – FoodSafe Level 1 (in-person class)
- Wed., Sept. 2 – A ‘Corny’ Cooking Class: preserving local corn with Chef Bernie Deslauriers (online)
- Thurs., Sept. 10 – You Be Jammin’! A beginner’s guide to making berry good jam with JJ Blundell (online)
- Wed., Sept. 16 – Gotta Love Zucchini! Preparing & Preserving this summer squash with Chef Bernie Deslauriers (online)
- Mon., Sept. 21 – What’s the Big Dill? Fermenting & pickling cucumbers with Chef Jill Lamberts (online)
- Wed., Sept. 30 – Ohmigosh! Name that Squash! Everything you need to know to identify and prepare squash with Chef Bernie (online)
FRESH NEWS BLOG
Food Access and Local Food Systems- COVID19 Impacts Since the onset of the COVID-19 Pandemic in early March 2020, LUSH Valley has been following the lead of the Capital Regional Food and Agriculture Roundtable to provide a regular briefing to Comox Valley government...
NEW THIS SUMMER! Support LUSH Valley AND Local farmers by purchasing a Harvest Box that is chock full of wonderful local vegetables and fruit.LUSH Valley’s ‘Harvest Box’ is a fruit and vegetable box focussed on seasonal and local produce grown entirely within the...
We have an immediate opening for one more summer student position as a Good Food Box Delivery Driver. The start date is asap and ends Oct 2nd, 2020. Twenty hours per week, with some flexibility. Interested candidates, please submit your cover letter and resume ASAP to...