WORKSHOPS & SPECIAL EVENTS
LUSH Valley hosts many healthy foods and gardening programs, workshops, classes, potlucks and events throughout the year. Pre-registration is required for all of our workshops and classes.
Upcoming events and workshops are listed below.
To register, click on the event name for more information, times, location, etc. on Eventbrite.
If the class you want to attend is full, or you would like to apply for a bursary, please email admin@LUSHValley.org or call 250-331-0152. Thank you.
We gratefully acknowledge and extend thanks to the Eureka Support Society and Lake Trail Community Middle School for the privilege of using their teaching kitchen and their support of our healthy food programs.
- Tuesdays, Jan. 7 through Feb. 11 – Young Cooks at Cumberland Recreation
- Fri., Jan. 17 – East Indian Cuisine Workshop: A vegetarian twist on an old favourite! CLASS FULL
- Mon., Jan. 20 – Can I Ferment This? Kombucha, Ginger Beer & Vinegar
- Mon., Jan. 27 – Meat-free Monday
- Tues., Feb. 4 – Mediterranean in the Pacific Northwest
- Wed., Feb. 5 – Dad’s Night Out -Little Chefs
- Sat., Feb. 8 – FoodSafe Level 1
- Mon., FEb. 10 – Think Outside the Box! Whole Food. Home-made.
- Tuesday, Feb. 18 through March 10 –Teens Cook at Cumberland Recreation
- Wed., Feb. 19 – Mason Jar Salads – registration coming soon
- Mon. Feb. 24 – Meat-free Monday with Rachel Halliwell – registration coming soon
- Wed., Feb. 26 – East Indian Cuisine Workshop: A vegetarian twist on an old favourite! CLASS IS FULL
- Tues., March 3 – Bready of Not Here I Crumb! Breadmaking class – registration open soon
- Wed., March 4 – Dad’s Night Out -Little Chefs
- Thurs., March 5 & 12 – Teens Cook at Lake Trail School – registration coming soon
- Mon., March 9 -Fermentation – Registration coming soon
- Fri., March 13 – Multicultural – program TBA
- Mon. Feb. 23 – Topic TBA
- March 31 – Explore the Pastabilities- registration coming soon
- Wed., April 1 – Dad’s Night Out Little chefs – registration coming soon.
FRESH NEWS BLOG
Thank-you for being a part of the LUSH Valley family. This holiday season, please consider supporting our work into our 20th year. Dear Friends of LUSH Valley, It is hard to believe that LUSH Valley is turning 20 in 2020! We stand on the shoulders of countless...
The Comox Valley 2019 Good Food Box pilot, supported by SPARC BC was a 10-week program delivering organic, local produce to 40-50 low-income seniors (weekly participation varied slightly) via four community partners. The participants were: tenants at BC Housing's...
LUSH Valley is seeking up to three Board Members who will serve a two (2) year term and help LUSH Valley to achieve its vision and mission. Working in close partnership with the Executive Director, the Board meets monthly to govern and ensure strategic direction of...