WORKSHOPS & SPECIAL EVENTS
LUSH Valley hosts many healthy foods and gardening programs, workshops, classes, potlucks and events throughout the year. Pre-registration is required for all of our workshops and classes.
With the COVID-19 Pandemic, we are taking our workshops online.
Follow us on social media for updates.
To register, click on the event name (below) for more information, times, etc.
All programs are ‘pay what you can if you are able’.
Follow us on Facebook for updates and to view all of our events.
- Tues., Oct. 6 – Can I Ferment This? Sauerkrat & Veggies with Chef Jill Lamberts (ONLINE)
- Friday, Oct. 23 – Tofu & Tempeh with Dietician Lisa Cristall (IN PERSON)
- Tues., Oct. 27 – Healthy Harvest Soup – Borscht with Chef Jill Lamberts (ONLINE)
- Fri., Oct. 30 – Marvelous Local Mushrooms with Chef Gaetane Palardy (IN PERSON)
(Registration coming soon)
- Tuesdays, Nov. 10 through Dec. 1 – Young Cooks Homeschoolers – 4 mini-sessions with Dietician Lisa Cristall
- Dates to de confirmed – Young Cooks After School with Chef Bernie DesLauriers
- Tues., Nov. 10 – Explore the Cuisine of Normandy, France with Chef Jill Lamberts IN PERSON
- Sat., Nov. 14 – FoodSafe Level 1 with Chef Gaetane Palardy IN-PERSON
- Fri., Nov. 20 – We’re cooking at Blue Moon Cidery again – more info soon!
- Tues., Nov. 24 – Another ONLINE workshop topic & chef TBA
FRESH NEWS BLOG
At LUSH Valley Food Action Society, we know how important it is to have leaders and decision-makers, across the region, that will stand up for our local communities, economies and the environment, especially as it relates to healthy food production and access. On...
THE VANIER SOUP PROGRAM HAS A NEW NAME!(And we need lots of helpers!)The program is now being managed by SD71’s Indigenous Education and LUSH Valley and is now called the ‘Healthy Student Meal Program’. It consists of soup ingredients kits being delivered to 12 to 15...
LUSH Valley’s 'Backyard Blend' apple juice sales will provide much-needed fundsIn a year that has, so far, been filled with challenges, Mother Nature has come through with a bumper apple crop. LUSH Valley Food Action Society is hoping to turn some of that fruit into...