Become A Volunteer And/Or A Member Of LUSH Valley
Join us! Click here to sign up.
Our work at LUSH Valley wouldn’t be possible without the support of our amazing volunteer members. There are many ways to get involved with LUSH Valley … whether you are looking to pick some fruit, help out in the kitchen, tend to a garden, lend a hand at events or simply become a member with AGM voting rights.
SPECIAL NOTE: Due to the COVID-19 Pandemic — with restrictions about social distancing and other protective measures — our volunteer program is not running as usual. We do, however, encourage you to register online to let us know the area(s) you may be interested in helping with and then we can contact you when we are ready. LUSH Valley’s COVID-19 Safety Plan.
Thank you for your interest in supporting the important work that we do in our community. To keep up-to-date on what’s happening at LUSH Valley, be sure to also sign up to receive our e-newsletters.
JANUARY TO MARCH 2021 VOLUNTEER NEEDS UPDATE:
Due to the seasonal nature of some of our programs, and COVID-19 restrictions, we have limited opportunities at this time. Once you register in our online system, we will be able to connect with you by email when programs and special events are able to start up again.
FRUIT TREE HARVEST, FARM GLEANING & COMMUNITY GARDENS:
- These are seasonal programs and they have wrapped up for the year.
- Opportunities in community gardens should start again in late March.
- Harvest and farm gleaning generally start up again in early summer.
- If you indicated an interest in these programs, you will be sent an email when volunteer opportunities start again.
FOOD SHARE (Good Food Boxes and Hot Meal Programs):
- We are busy working to secure more funding and re-evaluating the Good Food Box Program. It is operating right now in a limited capacity. Some drivers may be required.
- The Hot Meal Program has restarted and (at present) will run until the end of March. Some volunteers may be needed to assist as kitchen assistants.
- Overall, we currently have enough volunteers and have to limit our numbers due to a restriction on the number of people who can help in the smaller warehouse space we are currently working from.
HEALTHY FOODS PROGRAMS (Cooking classes):
- In-person classes will not be offered again until April 2021, pending the lifting of COVID restrictions.
- Also, due to the fact that we do not have access to our usual community kitchens, in-person classes are limited in size, so our regular volunteer opportunities are not available.
- Online classes will be limited over the next few months.
- Healthy Student Meal program (SD71 Soup and snack program) is operating and we are sufficiently staffed with volunteers right now.
OUTREACH: Because of COVID no activities are planned for the foreseeable future.
BOARD OF DIRECTORS: You will be contacted prior to our AGM in June.
If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to give us a call or email email@example.com.