- Access to healthy food and hands on canning experience and safety for participants
- Encouragement and modeling of healthy attitudes towards food and a chance to build self-confidence/self-esteem
- A safe space for social connectedness among peers and chance to develop relationships with positive role models in the community
Location Lake Trail Middle School Kitchen, Courtenay BC Requirements Must have up-to-date canning experience and knowledge, a background in cooking, culinary arts or a passion for sharing your knowledge about good food and canning. Lots of confidence, energy and a positive, fun attitude makes this series of canning workshops a fun and memorable experience for all. You will…
- Plan and facilitate the Of Course I Can! Canning workshop series.
- Purchase food and supplies within budget and submit receipts.
- Engage program participants in canning in a safe environment.
- Ensure that kitchen is left clean and borrowed equipment is cleaned and returned.
- Consult and debrief upon the completion of the Of Course I Can! Canning workshop series with LUSH Valley Program Manager.
Food Safe Level 1 and up-to-date canning experience is a must. Criminal Record Check or Vulnerable Sector Background Check required. Please apply with a cover letter and resume to Andrea at firstname.lastname@example.org no later than June 22nd, 2018.