We have an immediate opening for one more summer student position as a Good Food Box Delivery Driver. The start date is asap and ends Oct 2nd, 2020. Twenty hours per week, with some flexibility.
Interested candidates, please submit your cover letter and resume ASAP to Maurita Prato, Executive Director via email. (Maurita@lushvalley.org) No phone calls or printed deliveries, please.
Of Special Note:
- This position is supported by Canada Summer Jobs/HRSDC and, to be considered for the position, applicants must be between 15 and 30 years of age.
- If you are receiving either of the Canadian Emergency Benefits (CERB or CESB) you may still apply.
- LUSH Valley is grateful to receive all applications. Unfortunately, we can only contact shortlisted candidates.
- LUSH Valley believes in diversity, employment equity and social justice. We encourage applications from all community members but would be especially interested in receiving them from Indigenous peoples, visible minorities, persons with a disability, LGBTQ people, and members of marginalized communities.
- LUSH Valley Food Action Society is a Comox Valley-based non-profit organization. We envision a region where healthy, local food is at the heart of community wellbeing. We work to support the Comox Valley community in gaining food-systems skills and knowledge to increase food security, self-sufficiency, and local food production across the region.
- LUSH Valley is seeking community-minded, energetic individuals with a passion for local food systems to join our team this summer and fall.
- Candidates should have excellent attention to detail, problem-solving skills, and great customer service. Passion for local food systems and programs is an asset. This role is a physically demanding one and candidates should be able to assist with physical labour.
- These individuals will report directly to the Executive Director and be supervised primarily by the Food Access Manager supporting LUSH Valley’s Summer and Fall food access programs including Good Food Box, Fruit Tree Program, Farm Gleaning, and other organizational tasks.
- An upbeat personality with a can-do attitude.
- Good time management and organizational skills, and a demonstrated ability to be self-directed, well organized, able to prioritize and multi-task.
- A clear criminal record check
- Current driver’s license (Class 5 or 7) and current driver’s abstract (Driver position only)
- Excellent communication skills including online, written, verbal and presentation.
- Ability to foster and maintain positive working relationships.
Work Environment (Equipment, Demands and Hazards):
- Candidates should have access to a home office or the ability to work virtually as needed.
- Casual and business attire required for appropriate activities.
- There will be some heavy lifting of fresh food, supplies and equipment.
- Work hours will be 20 hours per week for 14 weeks or the equivalent number of hours, Monday-Friday 11:00 a.m.- 3:00 p.m.
- Valid driver’s license and comfort driving a van
- Use of office equipment required; phone, photocopier, computers and software.
- The worker will follow LUSH Valley Employment policies.
- Additional tasks as required
- Following safety and COVD-19 protocols
- Pick up Good Food Boxes at the warehouse
- Deliver Good Food Boxes to recipients
- Other organizational tasks as required