SUPPORT LUSH VALLEY
Our work is possible only with the support of our community!
Your donation will enable us to continue our work and fulfill our mission of ‘supporting the Comox Valley in gaining food-systems skills and knowledge to increase food security, self-sufficiency, and local food production across the region.’
AND our vision of ‘healthy local food being at the heart of community well-being.’
or scroll down to see more options.
Programs that your donation will support:
- Fruit Tree Harvest & Farm Gleaning
- Healthy Foods (cooking) programs
- Community Garden projects
- Grow Food Everywhere – Gardener support during the Pandemic
- Food Share (Good Food Boxes & Hot Meals)
- Advocacy work (Including the CV Food Policy Council)
COVID PANDEMIC RESPONSE: We worked with many community partners and the Comox Valley Food Policy Council to start a Food Share Program. This now includes:
- securing warehouse space to run a ‘Good Food Box’ healthy hamper program to support those in need. (April 8 to Aug. 31: 7,000+ Good Food Boxes delivered!)
- securing a commercial kitchen to run a ‘Hot Meal Program’ to provide hot meals to vulnerable populations through 20+ community social service agency partners. (April 1 to Aug. 31: 17,000+ hot meals provided!)
- ‘rescuing’ food from local businesses, restaurants and farmers to distribute through our Good Food Boxes as well as local social service agencies such as BC Housing, the Food Bank, the CV Transition Society, CV Family Services, etc.
- supporting the local economy by purchasing food from local farmers, growers and producers whenever possible.
- helping people learn to ‘grow food everywhere’ with online gardening workshops and a Q & A Facebook group.
- taking our Healthy Foods Programs online, to continue to support food skills learning and community engagement.
Your donation today will help us feed our most vulnerable populations during this time of global crisis.
Thank you for your support!
Together, we CAN make a difference and offer not only food …. but hope to our community.
We are a registered not for profit society, so you will always receive charitable tax receipts for gifts over $20.
Tax receipts for e-transfers and cheques will be issued in January 2021.
Tax receipts are issued immediately for donations through Canada Helps.
Send to: firstname.lastname@example.org
(No service fees and the money is instantly deposited.)
Please be sure to add your email and mailing address in the message box so that we are able to email you a tax receipt.
Mail a cheque
payable to LUSH Valley.
PO Box 20008
Courtenay, BC V9N 0A7
(Please do not mail cash.)