HOW YOU CAN SUPPORT LUSH VALLEY’S
COVID-19 Pandemic Food Share Program
We are working with many community partners and the Comox Valley Food Policy Council to provide a Food Share Program. This includes:
- securing warehouse space and a commercial kitchen to operate Good Food Box and Hot Meal programs that assist individuals in need of food and the clients of our community partners.
- ‘rescuing’ food from local businesses, restaurants and farmers and to distribute it to those in need through local social service agencies such as BC Housing, the Food Bank, the CV Transition Society, CV Family Services, etc.
- supporting the local economy by purchasing food from local farmers, growers and producers whenever possible.
- helping people learn to ‘grow food everywhere’ with online gardening workshops and a Q & A Facebook group.
- taking our Healthy Foods Programs online, to continue to support food skills learning and community engagement.
Your donation today will help us feed our most vulnerable populations during this time of global crisis.
Thank you for your support!
Together, we CAN make a difference and offer not only food …. but hope to our community.
We are a registered not for profit society, so you will always receive charitable tax receipts for gifts over $20.
(Tax receipts for e-transfers and cheques will be issued in January 2021.)
Send to: firstname.lastname@example.org
(No service fees and the money is instantly deposited.)
Please be sure to add your email and mailing address in the message box so that we are able to email you a tax receipt.
Mail a cheque
payable to LUSH Valley.
PO Box 20008
Courtenay, BC V9N 0A7
(Please do not mail cash.)