Since the year 2000, LUSH Valley has been working across the Comox Valley to help people gain local food systems skills, knowledge and access to good food. We see good food as a vehicle for empowerment, social justice, celebration and community well being.
We are recognized by Community Food Centres Canada as a Good Food Organization and are an Island Health Food Security Hub. We collaborate with diverse partners towards a food secure future for all.
Check out our strategic plan to see our priorities for the next three years.
Communications and Program Management
Fruit Tree Program Coordinator
Community Garden Coordinator
BOARD OF DIRECTORS
Member at Large
Member at Large
HEALTHY FOODS PROGRAM FACILITATORS
Alberto Pozzolo Young Cooks and Dad’s Night Out Facilitator
Diana Newson Young Cooks Facilitator
Jonathan Frazier Young Cooks Facilitator
Lynda Smith Community Kitchen Facilitator
Carol Thibodeau Food Skills for Healthy Families Program Facilitator
Eliza Haugrud Dad’s Night Out Facilitator
We are currently seeking a part-time bookkeeper. This is a paid position.
Bookkeeper Job Description (5 hours week)
The bookkeeper will work closely with the Executive Director (ED) to ensure the smooth financial operations of the organization.
- Full-cycle bookkeeping using Quickbooks – including all aspects of Accounts Payable and Receivable
- Working with and being available to the ED and the staff to answer any bookkeeping questions or issues that arise and to make sure that everything is up to date and accurately recorded in Quickbooks
- Maintaining an orderly filing system for all bookkeeping related documents
- Working with the ED to prepare the Annual Budgets and Funding Applications reports
- Collecting mail, depositing checks electronically and recording funds received in organizational funding tracker
- Preparing financial statements as required
- Transitioning organization from cash to accrual accounting
- Setting Quickbooks up to assist in Bi-annual GST filings.
- Issuing bi-weekly payroll by creating, recording and managing staff timesheets including ongoing overtime/undertime, vacation accrual, and sick leave; ensuring accuracy in all changes to weekly approved hours/rates of pay/project allocation
- Reconciling monthly payroll Source Deductions and ensuring they are paid on time
- Annual T4’s and T4 Summary (Feb)
- Annual WCB report and payment (Feb).
- Comfortable and familiar with multi-funding non-profit bookkeeping
- Ability to work independently
- Attention to detail
- Ability to support others
- Ability to prioritize responsibilities.
LUSH Valley is recognized as a Good Food Organization. A project of Community Food Centres Canada, the Good Food Organizations program aims to increase, connect and support community food security organizations striving to offer healthy and dignified food programs in their communities. By working together through a set of shared principles, the Good Food Organizations program connects like-minded organizations around the country in a collective commitment to achieving a healthy and fair food system.